17 May 2014

TWG Tea @ Ground Floor of Gurney Paragon: Lunch Dining for Mother's Day Celebration

I just got to know that The Wellness Group Tea Company is acronymed/ abbreviated as TWG Tea after doing some research and having dined in this classic, shiny & golden lighted restaurant! 
Dining in this place somehow made you feel that you're from a class of a higher status. Exquisite! XD

Part of the interior design of the tea restaurant
Impressive Sliding Cabinets/ Shelves for the teas
TWG Tea is actually a Singaporean-based luxury tea company with several tea salons and product distribution in many countries across the globe. This outlet at the Gurney Paragon, Penang is just newly opened in December 2013. The outlet is not really that wide, tables are also limited and it has always been full house ever since it started its operation. 
Therefore, if you feel like dining at TWG or whichever place that is famous, you gotta arrive at the restaurant earlier than the usual peak hours, otherwise, be prepared to queue up for hours. lol~ wtf~ ;) 


The queue, snapped while we were exiting the outlet. :P
TWG Tea Menu
OK, I'll get straight to the order now~ So, the mothers chosen the Crispy Seared Salmon, served with shimeiji mushroom, green asparagus, fennel & carrots sauteed in Silver Moon Tea infused with Beurre Blanc (apparently known as white butter) as their main course. Normally, from what I could tell, Asians skip starters as our stomachs are quite small. We are normally small eaters! Even with the main meals, we probably wouldn't be able to finish off with our glass of drinks. o_O lol~ 
I ordered TWG Tea Seaside Linguini. It's the linguini pasta sauteed with shrimps, mussel in Red Chai infused tomato sauce. I find this tea restaurant very unique as every single food menu of theirs are infused with some tea flavours in it, I guess it's probably to make those food very flavourful. ;)


The typical pose! And so I made it into the form of a pencil sketch. Blek! 
Crispy Seared Salmon
TWG Tea Seaside Linguini
I got mesmerised with the golden teapot!!!! Saw my reflection from the golden teapot.
 Fairy Goldmother, where are you?!? lol~ :P
The food was good! Nothing to complaint about. =)

As for the drinks, I ordered two pots of tea which came in two types, the black tea & green tea! 
As for the black tea, the flavour was quite strong! I chose the Passion fruit black tea. 
As for the green tea, the flavour was quite light. The waiter recommended Tea Number 10. It smelled very fragrant and tasted very flavourful with some honey in it, although it didn't actually taste sweet at all. I particularly prefer the green tea type of tea. :)
There was a pot of sugar cubes placed on the table, so pls feel free to add sugar according to your own taste! I was told that each teapot could serve up to 2 and a half cup of tea. 


Pouring the green tea light; Tea Number 10 flavour onto the custom-made TWG tea cup.
Tea Number 10 (cream colour top golden teapot) & Passion fruit tea (black colour top golden teapot)
Custom made rubbish bin!
Custom-made cutlery too!XD
After finishing off with the meal, I took the opportunity to order their macarons as I was told by my friend that TWG is famous for their macarons. So, I need to taste it for myself and so I ordered 3 flavours of macarons, which were the Passion fruit (in purple colour), Matcha (in green colour) and the Lemon flavour (in yellow colour). Actually, this was my second time tasting macarons. I had macaron for the first time (without an "s") when I was in South Korea! 
I like the one in Matcha flavour as it didn't particularly tasted that sweet as compared to the other two flavours of macarons. It was crunchy & crispy at the outer part and it melted easily when you have bitten until the inner filling texture. 
I would choose Matcha flavour macaron again, should there be any opportunity to do so. Besides Matcha, Lemon tasted OK to me. A bit of the sourish taste mixed with some sweetness. Lemon tasted slightly sweeter than Matcha of course! Passion fruit macaron was so-so to me though.


Macarons: Passion fruit, Matcha & Lemon flavours
All in all, this was how I celebrated mother's day~~ HAPPY MOTHERS' DAY to mothers all around the world yo! ;)


HMD!
After lunch, there was a queue outside the TWG Tea restaurant. We were quite fortunate as we went there around 2pm. There were just a couple of customers at there. I didn't intend to go there, I was thinking of Jap food. However, I was thinking that if I were to have Jap food everytime, it's quite boring & nothing special! I was very satisfied that I chose TWG Tea at a last minute. Don't even need to queue up & the waiters are all very friendly! The service provided was also really good! 
My mothers were quite overwhelmed with their friendliness & good services rendered to us. 
The women got themselves mesmerised by TWG Tea's specially custom-made 24-carat gold-plated teapot too and each new teapot is sold at RM1500.00. wtf~ o_O 
When I'm able to have a villa or a bungalow on my own, I'm gonna have such teapots at my place to serve my guests ^_^

To end the blog for the day, here's some of my outfit & camwhoring! XD


#OOTD
Headband from H&M
Lacey top from H&M
Jeans short pants from Kitschen
Pump shoes from Charles&Keith
I'm starting to luv this mirror on my doll up look @ Desigual! XD

No comments: