06 September 2014

Wilber Pan in Penang @ Gurney Paragon: Album "Clown" (小丑) 2014 Promo

Hej hejj, sorry for my long absenceeeeee...I just got back not long ago from a month-long summer European trip! hehe~~ and I've been busy occupying myself with a lot of sleeps. XD

Okay, right now I'll be blogging about my encounter with an idol whom I've known (I know about him, unfortunately he doesn't know me. LOL~ aaaawwWW, one sided love) since a decade ago.
Actually, in general, I once used to idolize lots of singers & actors..such as Korean Rain, American Mariah Carey, Michael Jackson, Taiwanese Jerry &Vanness called F4 and many more... that was in my teens.

A bit of history which I observe all these years of my life. So, 20 years ago, Penang was just a town, not so popularised as compared to now....and I remember that 15 years ago, singers from the UK 911, American group 98 degrees started to stop by doing their promo in Penang after stopping by in Kuala Lumpur, the capital city for Malaysia.

Anyway, this Wilber Pan, a Taiwanese singer whom I think is really popular currently in Asia. He is an American-born Taiwanese singer, in which I just got to know about that. I liked a few of his songs in the past. After that, I never bothered getting to know about his updates for a decade.
It was just a couple of weeks ago when a good friend of mine informed me of his appearance which will be at a latest happening mall in Penang, Gurney Paragon on the Malaysia's National Day!!
This is like a lil' part of our silly dreams came true again, just to see an artist after sooo long (we call that for actors/actresses who are singers as well, not so much of the art painters of artists)?!
We used to chase after an American-born Taiwanese actor @ singer Vanness Wu who came over a decade ago to Penang, too. He was her idol, but I was just accompanying her to join in her escapade. ;-)
Eventually, I got myself excited too. LMAO~
Now, she is organising this event. hehe~ cool right?!
I was like ohh, cool, Penang is just an island, a small state in Malaysia indeed, but....it's now a popular destination for holiday goers and I bet it could be in the running, to be comparable to this island of Singapore in the near future too.

The stage for Will to perform.

The crowd started to crowd the area in the evening.

The banner for him by his great fans.

The crowd was waiting for him at the other floor levels.

Me selfie with the stage!

His first appearance on that stage!

Apart from him on the far right, there were the host and the fans participants to dance on a short dance for his song.

His album signing appearance on the stage for the second time.

His avid fans....with cardboard made emitting light of his name, with special fan club t-shirts worn on them and bla bla..:)

I can't believe that in such longgggg years, I haven't have the chance to chase after any artists since Korean Rain held his concert in Kuala Lumpur which I needed to travel for at least 4 hours by bus to see him.
Now, I feel lucky that an artist came to me instead, in Penang. Yayyyyy & Cheers~.~
Of course, I must blog about this. haha~

This latest album of his, Clown (I went to youtube search on all this album and I find that most of his songs are not bad, nice but it's in Mandarin language though! Well, I'm not a Mandarin speaking nor listener (I can listen maybe a bit lahh) but I can tell you that music is universal. Agree with me right?
His style can be in the pop, ballad and hip hop genre & I'm an eclectic person anyhow!
If I'm not mistaken, he's a talented person (that's why i like him) and most of his songs are composed and written by him! :D

A collage of me and all~ woot woot~~

Gurney Paragon mall by night view to end this blog! Adios~
(pictures shot by Samsung Galaxy S5 mobile phone)
p/s: There's a short dance clip of him teaching his avid participant fans on how to dance his Clown song, in which I shot. So, feel free to click on the title of this blog to view. Cheers~

No comments: