05 December 2014

Italia (Milan) 2014- Pre-Day 01: Ciao, Italia (Hello, Italy)!

Ciao again~ :D

Last holiday, I also went to Italy for my summer holidays! So, I would like to share with y'all bits of my lil' itinerary here~

My family & I chose to cover 4 cities in Italy. We kicked start our journey with Milan first. Then followed by Venice, Florence and lastly Rome!!    

We flew down from Birmingham, UK -> Malpensa Airport, Milano via FlyBe.

Can you see the crystals formation on the window? Natural beauty~
We've reached the biggest metropolitan airport in Milano. The airport bus came to pick us up and transfer us to the airport terminal area to proceed for our baggage claim, immigration stamping and airport exit.

At the airport, al Ritiro Bagagli (To baggage claim)! Let's go~

With the FlyBe choco as a goodbye gift! Sweet~
Our flight was a smooth ride and it was our very first time. We had an awesome experience. The flight attendants were friendly and they were dressed very smartly in purple. I like their baret. It made them look so good too!
Bella sunset greetings at Milano, Italia! :)
#nofilter
As we have exited the airport area, the airport area is connected to the train terminal, which was very convenient. So, we took a train to the Milano Centrale Railway Station (main train station for easy access of transportation). 

We stayed at the Hotel Bolzano Milano, a decent hotel which was in within walking distance from the train station (approximately 10 min- leisure walking, not the 6 min strict, fast walking as according to the Google map :P). 

Map of Milano Centrale Station to Hotel Bolzano
The 3 star hotel *** (average class)
There are also quite a number of these hotels nearby. Looks newer to me too. Probably, we will try other neighbourhood hotels when we return back to Milan next time.
                              Basic amenities like toiletries, towels and hair dryer are provided. 
However, one down side, no kettle to boil our own water nor a complimentary mineral water given. 
I'm not sure if 3 star hotels in the Europe do not provide guests with a complimentary mineral water.

Till now, for tonight! Our first night in Milan!

We only get to spend 1 full day in Milan on the next day. It was really a hectic itinerary. 
However, as I compared it to the tour itinerary which was from an established tour company, I would conclude that our itinerary was about the same. 

I would say that we actually get to see more and spend more time in a single place unlike traveling in a tour group. You see, everything has its pros and cons.
What I wanted was to see the country, people, culture and taste the yummilicious food when I travel abroad!

Stay tune, for more! ;)

No comments: