10 June 2014

Baumkuchen @ Treecake @ German Layered Cake: Cravings Satisfied :)

I finally got to satisfy my cravings on Baumkuchen OR it is also known as Treecake OR German Layered Cake in the European countries. 
I feel that this layer cake is so special as its characteristic is in the form of a ring! 
There are layer cakes being sold here, however, the flavours (e.g. buttered/ mocha/ chocolate/ almond) and the shapes (squarish) are different too. 

So, I requested my friend to get me this treecake when he went over to Japan for a visitation. 
I got to know that Japan has made this treecake or baumkuchen very famous there, ever since early 20th century when a German first introduced this cake there. I also thought of trying the matcha flavoured cake as I've never seen layered cake in those flavour before too and because I also like to drink green tea.
I always think & search about food one lahhh...LOL~ wth~ 
My mom sometimes say that I'm like an expecting mommy-to-be, kept having cravings to satisfy. LMAO~
I eat to live? :P

Tadaaa~~ 
I got a box!! :)

Never expected it to be packs of baumkuchen. I thought a pack of it for tasting would do. ;)
#Gorojima-Kintoki #yellowsweetpotatoflavour #redsweetpotatoflavour




Red Sweet Potato flavoured baumkuchen. Tasted exactly of sweet potato. At first it tasted a bit weird as I've never eaten a sweet potato flavoured cake before. But, I grew to like it. The cake tasted soft too. Nice!
There are also baumkuchen covered with a layer of chocolate too, from google search.

 

Yellow Sweet Potato flavoured baumkuchen. Feels like not much different than the red one. Still tasted flavourful with sweet potato laa..


Can use to enlarge your eyeball too. lol~
                                   
 
Lastly, can use to enlarge your lips too. LOL~ wtf~ Just goofy-ing around~ hehe~

Till here, on baumkuchen. Good night! Hasta la vista, babay~ :P

                                   

No comments: