18 February 2014

Pasta Zanmai, Sushi Zanmai & Rakuzen @ 6th Floor of Gurney Paragon

First time trying at this newly opened Japanese eating outlets wholly owned by Management of Super Pasta Sdn. Bhd. This management actually opened three Japanese eating outlets side-by-side of each other at the 6th floor of Gurney Paragon, which are Pasta Zanmai, Sushi Zanmai and then a higher end restaurant named Rakuzen. 
I think I've heard of the name..."Zanmai..." before, which was long ago as these outlets are famous in Kuala Lumpur. 

      So, here goes, at first, I tried at the Pasta Zanmai outlet, it's a fusion of Japanese food with Italian pasta style. When the outlets were newly opened, one could see that the queue was soooo terrible. One needs to queue for more than 30min to an hour in order to get to eat here or leave your contact number and the waitress will contact you approximately in an hour's time. This was as if one were to queue for free food!

I hate queuing for a very long time...so, I went back after sometime,when the hype for a newly opened outlet is over. What to do... when things get too new, those things will be very interesting right? :P 
The price was average & affordable, seeing that the portion served was quite appropriate in size.
Melon Parfait @ Pasta Zanmai
#first #parfait
I ordered this and I didn't order drinks as I think I would be really full by the end of the day. Indeed true!
Cheese Baked Oysters & Spicy Mushroom Pasta @ Pasta Zanmai 
#gratin #oysters #salad #mushrooms #spaghetti
not #spicy at all
This was my main meal. I was really hungry at that time. So, I was feeling really satisfied. ;)
The size of my Kaki Guratan on a spoon (Oyster Gratin)
#yummehh

Next, I then went on to try at Sushi Zanmai. IMO, this eating outlet was a bit expensive than Pasta Zanmai. Below are the food pictures that we ordered and shared (for two small-eater people).
Amagi Sashimi Moriawase (6 kinds of raw seafood) @ Sushi Zanmai
#salmon #sweetprawn #tuna @yellowtail squid @scallops @lettuce #cucumber #daikonwhitechineseradish
Amagi Sashimi Moriawase at different angle (6 kinds of raw seafood) @ Sushi Zanmai
Soft Shell Crab Okonomiyaki @Sushi Zanmai
Matcha Red Bean Cornflakes with Matcha Jelly Parfait @ Sushi Zanmai
#second #parfait #sinfully yummy

Finally, on last weekend, I went to try the last outlet by the Management of Super Pasta, in order to complete the food hype by those KL friends of mine, who were talking about these outlets previously. So that next time, I could join in to say "What's the hype about?" :P

So, here comes Rakuzen! One word to describe the below food picture,
Delicious! Oishii ne! This whole set costed around RM35/person including tax (6%) & service charge (10%), of course excluding the sushi which you saw above the set meal, just on the picture itself.
Sake Oyakodon Set @ Rakuzen
#salmonroe #sashimi #freshsalmonbelly #chawanmushi #coldvegedish #misosoup #fruits #watermelon #grapes #wasabi #soysauce

All in all, these outlets are worth a try or either one may come back for more to try the other sets, especially for Rakuzen. I think I just got my eyes hooked on their menu! :D

No comments: